Welcome to the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
of the State Bar of Texas
To educate the public about ADR including being a resource to questions from
practitioners and legislators about the proper role of alternative dispute resolution in our society.
SAVE THE DATE!
ADR Section Advanced CLE - January 8, 2021
In contrast to previous years, when the program has been held at the State Bar Building in Austin, the 2021 program will be on-line, with 6.50 hours total (3.75 hours ethics!).
We will have excellent speakers, new faces and topics, and a breadth of useful, helpful information for practitioners. The program will be illuminating for mediators, arbitrators, and lawyers who represent clients in ADR venues.
- Lonnie Schooler, who has given the Arbitration Update for many years, will provide his annual summary with wit and wisdom.
- Former State Bar President Bob Black and Sarah Keathley will discuss the impact of online/video mediations on family law and commercial cases.
- Jennifer Ortiz Prather, supervisory attorney for ADR for the U.S. EEOC, will speak to implicit bias.
- Aric Garza of San Antonio will lead a panel on consumer arbitrations.
- Trey Bergman and his panel will provide practice tips for mediation and arbitration of a wide variety of cases (family law, PI, employment, construction, commercial and probate/trust cases).
- Family law practitioners will receive special focus in a presentation by former ADR Section Chair Linda Meekins McLain.
- Brian C. Hewitt of Indianapolis will enlighten and entertain with his description of personality-driven approaches to mediation.
- A panel of luminaries headed by Sharmeen Ladhani with the IRS’s Office of Chief Counsel will discuss the Conciliation and Arbitration Board, its role, objectives, and successes.
A fascinating program! Plan to attend. You will come away with practical knowledge that will be immediately useful.
Labor & Employment Relations Association (LERA)
Virtual ADR from A to Z
Five-Part Video Conference Series
Starting September 16, 2020, at noon
- Zoom Arbitration
- Mock Arbitration
- Advocates' Remote Arbitration Strategy
- The Ins and Outs of Virtual Mediation
- Ethics Roundtable Discussion
For more information and to register, go here.